Monday, November 16, 2015

Chrislie.com Measurabledifference.com Lashem.com - When a contest is not a contest and a winner is not a winner

Recently I "won" a prize in a contest I entered. I got the notification, went to claim the prize, entered my information and Whoa!!!What????Really????? It appears that my big win and my super prize were mine if (following a tiny asterix * to fine print at the bottom) I paid shipping and handling. I call foul. This "contest" and "prize" and "gift" were obviously attempts to harvest names, addresses and other information for the company. This was run by chrislie.com and measurabledifference.com. They sell makeup. Apparently, even with their "contests" they sell makeup. The shipping and handling were more than the product is worth, more than it would cost me to go buy a similar product at Walmart. Not only would I never purchase their products, I would recommend that all my followers go elsewhere for your beauty products. Most companies want to get their products out, especially to bloggers. They even ask us to run contests and giveaways for them. But websites like measurabledifference.com and chrislie.com do a disservice to the consumer and to the marketing community of which they are a part. Save your time and money, protect your information, stay away from fake contests and giveaways, especially any from these two sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment