Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Copy, design, create, color, wear, repair - All from Polly Plastics Products - Part 2 - Polly Plastic Strips


Working with Polly Plastics Strips is quick and easy. See Part 1 for helpful hints. Basically, you decide how you want to use the strip. I tried several things. I plan to use the "pulled" feathers in a large multi-media work. To pull, you just heat up the strip until it becomes transparent, gently lift it out of the hot water, flatten it and then grasp a small part of the strip and pull outwards. With practice you can control the size, thinness, and shape of the pulled item. You can also let the strip get soft and transparent and then gently mold it in your hands. You may need to reheat it in the water, especially if you are working on a large project. Also, you can use the strip with a pre-wet rubber stamp to stamp your impression onto the strip. This will quickly and effectively get a design. You should make sure you are not using the children's playset stamps as these may be made of plastic themselves and they could bond to the strip, making removal difficult or impossible. Then just rub on paint, markers or pencils/pens. For permanence, whatever you put on the plastic should dry and not be able to be removed. You can try to just cover the top of the item or get the paint into the grooves and then wipe off the top. Whenever you are working with heat, you should always have a bowl of cold or ice water nearby in case of spills or if the heat becomes too much when manipulating the products. Overall, I recommend the Polly Plastics Strips to quickly make objects, especially square or rectangular small strips or small objects.





You can purchase this product on Amazon.com. #PollyPlastics

I ordered this product through a special promotion and this is my honest and unbiased review and only my opinion. This is based on my personally using and experiencing the product. I was in no way compensated for this review. I only recommend products that worked for me and that I think will work for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment