Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Fantastic Sam's Salon in Central, Louisiana is not the place to go for any kind of professional haircut

I wanted to get my hair cut and didn't want to take time to drive somewhere so I thought I would give Fantastic Sam's a try. I live in the city of Central in Louisiana and this salon is quite close to my home. I just walked in and told the stylist that I wanted a regular haircut. There were no other customers in the salon. She took me to her station and started the consultation. I told her that I wanted quite a bit of length cut and that I wanted it to be chin length and in layers. She didn't seem to understand what I meant by layers and I asked if she had some pictures so I could show her what I meant. She brought the book and I pointed out 3 hair styles that were very close to what I wanted. She asked where to cut my bangs and I said they should be at the top of my eyebrows. Then she grabbed her spray bottle and sprayed my hair and began cutting. I was somewhat surprised by this as the Fantastic Sam's headquarters website talks about all of their cuts having a Fantastic Sam's shampoo therapy. This was my first hint that things would not go as planned. As the stylist was cutting my hair her cellphone kept ringing and twice she even answered it and engaged in conversation with whoever was calling. One call lasted several minutes and she gave no indication that she was busy working. She cut one side of my hair and it looked shorter than I had asked for, she then cut the other side, then she kept going back and forth from side to side trying to get them even. This ended up with my hair now being ear length, which is quite a bit shorter than chin length. She asked about my bangs and I pointed to another style where the bangs were feathered, not a straight cut across. She then cut my bangs straight across and they ended up at least 2 finger widths above my eyebrows. She offered to blow dry my hair, but by that time I just wanted to go home. I was embarrassed at how my hair looked. I decided to wash and dry my hair when I got home. It didn't look any better. I went to the FS main website to write up a complaint, but it said since each store was individually owned complaints should go to the owner/manager. I was not about to get into a confrontation with an owner. It is just sad that this franchise seems to have no basic standards that each salon has to follow, and doesn't even care enough about the customer to have a process to resolve issues and complaints. I will never go to any Fantastic Sam's again and I plan to tell all my friends to never go there. So, as I do so many reviews on my blog, here is another, but it's a sad tale of woe about a business that used to be quite good, but has salons that can just do what they want to do. While 1 rave review may bring in some customers, all it takes is 1 negative review to drive many more away. So, go anywhere but here for your salon services. They get an F for failing to treat the customer right.

No comments:

Post a Comment