Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dr. Song 50% Lactic Acid Gel Peel is Strong, but Gentle


Container: The product comes in a large blue and white box, and is wrapped in bubble wrap. Inside is a card noting that the detailed instructions on usage have been sent to the email associated with the Amazon account. I did not receive the directions, but went to the website to learn how to use the product. Also, inside the large box is the actual Gel Peel. It is a 1 fluid oz. glass bottle with an eye dropper cap. This protects the product from contamination and oxidation. It is easy to dispense the small amount needed for application. Unfortunately, there are no directions for use on the bottle itself. One recommendation would definitely be to have the instructions either in the large box (there is plenty of room), or on the bottle itself. While you can get the instructions for this specific peel from the Dr. Song website, and view numerous YouTube videos about Lactic Acid Peels, having them included with the product shows professionalism and could reduce possible inappropriate usage. There is a warning on the bottle to Use at your own risk.

Ingredients: The listed ingredients are Lactic acid, purified water, sodium carboxyl-methylcellulose, propylene glycol.

The Product: Peels are designed to remove flaky and dead skin. The recommended time to leave on after application is 1 minute, gradually increasing the time as needed, with application occurring every 1-3 weeks. I had seen reviews of Lactic Acid peels in general stating that 1. these were gentler than other chemical peels, 2. it was easy and quick to do the peel, and 3. the biggest complaint was the smell of the product. I opened the product to take a sniff. While there was a chemical smell, it was not overpowering. It seemed to smell somewhat like burned fruit. It is very important to do a patch test, applying a small amount to skin to see if there is a reaction. I tested a tiny amount on my wrist with no after effects. Using the eye dropper I applied a small amount to a cotton ball and carefully applied to my face. It is extremely important to avoid the eye area, applying at least 1/2 inch away from the entire eye socket. The one dropper full was enough for my entire face. I waited 60 seconds and removed gently with soap and water. My skin immediately looked and felt smoother. It did not feel irritated and there was no stinging. Indeed, in that short time, the peel had removed all the flakes and dead skin. It was gentle, easy to apply, only used a small amount, and, best of all, it worked well. I decided to try to apply it to the callused area on the bottom of my foot. Again, I dropped a small amount to a cotton ball and applied it. I waited the 60 seconds and removed with soap and water. I was amazed! In that short time it had removed about half the dead skin on the callus and my skin felt softer. I anticipate that continued use will clear up that callus. While your results may vary, and taking all indicated precautions, I can recommend this product as gentle enough for facial skin, but strong enough for even calluses on your feet. My only recommendation is that Dr. Song Medicals include detailed instructions with each product. And it is important that you follow the instructions exactly. As it said 'Use at your own risk', but it might be just the thing to help your skin look and feel better. You can purchase this product at Amazon.com at: Dr Song 50% Lactic Acid Gel Peel (Professional)


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment